Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
‘Gemeentemuseum Den Haag’ (Municipal Museum The Hague) is an authority in the field of art and fashion. The museum has the world’s biggest Mondrian collection, which includes the famous work Victory Boogie Woogie. Just as spectacular as the collection of Gemeentemuseum Den Haag is Berlage’s dazzling Art Deco building which has been home to the museum since it was completed in 1935.
Art in The Hague
The Hague is a city of art. Here you will the Royal Academy of Art, many public art exhibitions throughout the year and numerous museums with world-class art collections. Gemeentemuseum Den Haag is one of those art museums that you must have visited at least once in your life. These are some of the facts and figures about the Gemeentemuseum that make a visit worthwhile:
- The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag has the world’s biggest collection of works by Piet Mondriaan, the highlight being his last abstract work Victory Boogie Woogie.
- The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag has an excellent collection of modern art. Works by Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Egon Schiele, Wassily Kandinsky, Louise Bourgeois, Francis Bacon and many others.
- The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag is a stunning Art Deco building designed by architect H.P. Berlage, known as the Dutch Frank Lloyd Wright.
- A whole new world opens up in the Wonderkamers. The collection is presented in an entirely novel way, involving colour, atmosphere and interaction. A fresh new look at art for young and old.
- The Gemeentemuseum Den Haag also has a wide variety of Delft pottery, rare Hague silverware, a stunning dolls' house and seven period rooms.
Modern Art Museum The Hague
With Mondrian, Monet, Kandinsky, Van Gogh, Picasso, Dumas, Constant, Francis Bacon and Louise Bourgeois and many others under one roof, the museum is an art lover’s fantasy. If you want to see it all, you can easily spend a whole day at the museum; a good reason to extend your stay in The Hague.
What's nearbyShow on map
2517HV The Hague
The Hague - Delft City Pass offers free and discounted entrance to a wide range of museums, attractions, restaurants and shops in the Hague and Delft and even free public transport.Read More
See ANNE in Theater Amsterdam! A unique play, translated into 8 languages, about the life of Anne Frank.Read More