Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide National Park
Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide National Park is a nature reserve where you can spot every kind of Dutch woodpecker. A paradise for those who love birds!
- Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide National Park offers a varied landscape of heathland, marshland, drift-sands and large stretches of pine woods.
- Go for a wonderful walk or cycling tour of Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide National Park.
- Spot every kind of Dutch woodpecker.
The Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide is a nature area that runs all the way from the Netherlands into the Belgian province of Antwerp. The Dutch part belongs to one of the National Parks and offers heath along with dunes, pastures, ponds and forests.
Area of many birds
The Dutch section of the park is quieter than the Belgian section, but the nature is no less beautiful. The Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide possesses both wet and dry heath. Especially bird lovers will have a great time here. The hawk, falcon, stonechat, tree pipit and nightjar are prevalent in this area. The Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide is also the area where you can spot all of the different Dutch woodpecker species.
Cycling on the heath
The Zoom-Kalmthoutse Heide National Park is a very nice area for cycling and hiking. The visitor center De Vroente will be able to supply you with tours, exhibitions, excursions and other information to help you to further familiarize yourself with the area. Children of 13 to 17 years have been coming together for the Junior Ranger Camp for several years. During this week they learn about the flora and fauna around them.
What's nearbyShow on map
Search for your holiday home
Check out our extensive offers.
- 2000 holiday homes throughout Holland.
- On the coast, in a natural environment or near cities