Delfshaven is a small inner-city harbor with many historical buildings. Unlike most of Rotterdam, Delfshaven was spared during the bombings of World War II. The area is well known for its restaurants, bars, galleries and architectural monuments.
Delfshaven Top Five
Here’s a top five of the best highlights Delfshaven has to offer:
- De Dubbelde Palmboom: a branch of the Historical Museum Rotterdam.
- The Pelgrim: the only city brewery in Rotterdam.
- De Delft: the reconstruction of an 18th century warship.
- De Distilleerketel: a grain mill that looks out over the harbor.
- Pilgrim Fathers Church: where Pilgrims met before setting sail for America in 1620.
Day at Delfshaven
If you want to get an impression of what Rotterdam looked like before the bombings, you should go and visit Delfshaven. The rich history of this area, the architecture and the many bars and restaurants make your visit worthwhile.
What's nearbyShow on map
Search for your holiday home
Check out our extensive offers.
- 2000 holiday homes throughout Holland.
- On the coast, in a natural environment or near cities