The capital of the province of Friesland is a mixture of shopping areas, cultural highlights and an exciting nightlife. Leeuwarden boasts over 600 monuments! Enough reasons for you to get a map with walking tours at the tourist information office. Shopaholics must visit De Kleine Kerkstraat, which is one of the most charming shopping streets in the Netherlands.
Highlights of Leeuwarden
The absolute highlights of Leeuwarden are:
- Mata Hari: the life story of this extraordinary dancer and accused spy is presented in the Fries Museum,
- Princessehof: discover the world of ceramics,
- Oldehove: the Dutch ‘Tower of Pisa’,
- Boomsma Distillery: learn more about traditional Dutch spirits.
Leeuwarden is a great place for a day trip. It has everything from culture to shopping areas. The city has fine harbors, which makes visiting Leeuwarden by boat an easy and comfortable experience.
What's nearbyShow on map
Search for your holiday home
Check out our extensive offers.
- 2000 holiday homes throughout Holland.
- On the coast, in a natural environment or near cities