Spaarnwoude is the recreational area between Haarlem, Amsterdam and Velsen. Spaarnwoude is a big area of three thousand hectares covered in forests, meadows and ponds and brooks. Visitors come to Spaarnwoude to relax and engage in a range of (sporty) activities.
Sports at Spaarnwoude
If you want to get out of Haarlem or Amsterdam and spend a day in the countryside, Spaarnwoude is the perfect place to go. The following sports are available in this ‘green area’:
- Golf at Golf Club Spaarnwoude
- Hiring a boat at one of several marinas
- Cycling, hiking, horseback riding or inline skating; there are various itineraries
- Mountain biking on a special track
- Skiing on the Snowplanet indoor ski track
- Canoeing on several trails or on the Buitenhuizen artificial canoe trail
- Archery at outdoor sports centre Dynamique
- Climbing on the Spaarnwoude Climbing Wall
Spaarnwoude for children
Of course there are plenty of fun activities for children, too. Spaarnwoude has several play meadows and beaches. Information Farm Zorgvrij is a particular favourite with families visiting Spaarnwoude. This dairy cow and sheep farm welcomes children and lets them participate in the farmer’s life.
Our recommendations for more Holland information
What's nearbyShow on map
See ANNE in Theater Amsterdam! A unique play, translated into 8 languages, about the life of Anne Frank.Read More