In 2018 The Hague is celebrating the 200th anniversary of its seaside resort Scheveningen with a Seaside Festival (‘Feest aan Zee’). Special events and exhibitions will take place throughout the year, and the city will be decked out for the celebrations. The Volvo Ocean Race, an around the world sailing race, across four oceans and touching six continents will finish in The Hague. The spectacular finish comes with eight days of festivities in the summer. Other highlights of the Seaside Festival will include the Red Bull Knock Out on the beach and the annual international fireworks festival. The festival began with the New Year’s Day Dive and will end on 31 December 2018 with big bonfires on the North and South Beach. Scheveningen is less than fifteen minutes away from the city centre of The Hague and is easily reached by public transport.
Scheveningen’s Seaside Festival
15 Jan 2018
What's new in Holland?
- Royal reopening Museum De Lakenhal
- Rijksmuseum Boerhaave wins award
- Festival ‘Masterly The Hague’
- 100 years of jazz in Rotterdam
- Liberation Route Europe on tour
- 32 cows at Floating Farm Rotterdam
- Lonely Planet’s Rotterdam Guide
- Van Gogh’s inner circle
- Holland Awards 2019
- New sculptures at Paleis Het Loo