Discover historic cities such as Amsterdam, Leiden, Gouda, Delft and Haarlem during a wonderful 8-day sailing and cycling journey. Ride through splendid natural landscapes in the Green Heart of Holland, past beaches and dunes, and sail through the famous harbour of Rotterdam. Of course, there will also be plenty of attention for culture, from Dutch master painters to Delftware pottery and the windmills of Kinderdijk: this journey will show you Holland at its most beautiful! And if you do not feel like cycling for a day, stay aboard the ship and relax as you are ferried to the next destination.
- Starting point: Amsterdam, final destination: Amsterdam.
- Discover historic cities, gorgeous nature and typically Dutch culture.
- Sleep, breakfast and dine on a handsome ship and let everything be organised for you.
You will be staying aboard the passenger ship Flora, which has a maximum capacity of 20 guests, and going out on cycling trips every day. Boarding on the first day is around 14:00, after which you have the opportunity to explore the handsome city centre of Amsterdam. In the evening, you will meet the crew and your fellow passengers, enjoy a great dinner, and the rental bicycles will be allocated. Next morning, it’s time to really get down to business!
Windmills, dunes and Delftware
The ship will take you to Zaandam, were you will debark to cycle along the Zaanse Schans and visit clog makers, cheese makers and windmills. Next stop is Haarlem, where you can enjoy a drink on Grote Markt square. Then, after a good night’s sleep, you will proceed to the North Sea coast and visit the university city of Leiden. In Delft, a visit to a Delftware workshop is an absolute must, after which the journey continues towards the high-class royal court city of The Hague and the pleasant seaside resort of Scheveningen.
Cheese city Gouda and the flower auction of Aalsmeer
Next, you will sail from Delft to the Rotterdam harbour, then to Kinderdijk, famous for its many unique windmills. The journey continues towards the well-known cheese city of Gouda, followed by a visit to the large-scale flower auction in Aalsmeer. The journey’s final destination is back in Amsterdam, whose historic inner city and many museums have much more to offer.
- Start point: Amsterdam, end point: Amsterdam.
- Number of days: 8.
- Total distance: approx. 250 kilometers.
- Average distance per day: approx. 40/45 kilometers.
- You can rent an electric bicycle (E-bike).
- This tour is suitable for recreational cyclists and families with children.
- The cycling routes are organized on an individual basis: you will cycle the daily itinerary at your own pace using detailed maps.