Cycling holiday: Noord-Holland route
8 days, prices from € 699,-
- Starting point: Amsterdam, final destination: Amsterdam.
- Enjoy old Dutch cities and culture and the gorgeous nature of Noord-Holland.
- Sleep, breakfast and dine on a handsome ship and let everything be organised for you.
Limited availability. Book now!
8 days of enjoying Holland at its most beautiful! You will spend your nights on a ship and cycle through the splendid polder landscapes of northern Holland, discover historic cities like Amsterdam, Alkmaar, Hoorn and Enkhuizen and visit the Wadden island of Texel. In short, a wonderful journey in comfort and with excellent guides. And if you do not feel like cycling for a day, stay aboard the ship and relax as you are ferried to the next destination!
During this cycling holiday, you will be staying aboard the mid-size ship De Holland and go on cycling trips every day. On the first day, boarding will take place around 14:00, giving you the afternoon to explore Amsterdam’s handsome city centre.
Zaanse Schans and the Wadden island Texel
You will visit the Zaanse Schans and its many windmills, cheese makers and clog makers, and then cycle on to Alkmaar through beautiful polders. There, you will discover gorgeous coastal landscapes, then make your way to Texel, where splendid nature reserves await and you can also choose to visit a seal shelter or try some delicious beers at a local brewery.
Fishing villages along the IJsselmeer and the Waterlands
The journey continues along the handsome shores of IJsselmeer lake, with visits to old fishing villages such as Volendam, Medemblik and Hoorn. Finally, you will cycle through the gorgeous natural landscapes of the so-called Waterlands, full of tiny canals, ditches and lakes, visiting a cheese farm along the way – where, of course, you will have the opportunity to try a variety of excellent cheeses. Eight days after your departure, your journey will end back where you started, in the historic city of Amsterdam.
- Start point: Amsterdam, end point: Amsterdam.
- Number of days: 8.
- Total distance: approx. 275 kilometers.
- Average distance per day: approx. 45 kilometers.
- You can rent an electric bike (E-bike) as an option.
- This trip is also suitable for recreational cyclists and families with children.
- The cycle tours include a guide - you will cycle in a small group with the travel guide - or are semi-guided - you will cycle individually but in case of technical trouble or questions, you can call the guide who is also traveling by bike.