Cycling holiday: Zuid-Holland route
8 days, prices from € 859,-
- Starting point: Amsterdam, final destination: Amsterdam.
- Discover historic cities, cultural highlights and the gorgeous nature of Zuid-Holland.
- Sleep, breakfast and dine on a handsome ship and let everything be organised for you.
During this wonderful 8-day cycling holiday, explore such atmospheric cities as Utrecht, Delft, Rotterdam and Gouda and discover Zuid-Holland’s many highlights. Visit a Delftware factory, for instance, or see the windmills of Kinderdijk… See it all during this wonderful cycling holiday as you enjoy the comfort and hospitality of the handsome ship MS Anne Maria Agnes. And if you do not feel like cycling for a day, stay aboard the ship and relax as you are ferried to the next destination!
On the first day of your holiday, you will board the ship around 14:00, after which you will have the rest of the day to explore Amsterdam’s museums, canals and pleasant cafes before getting a good night’s sleep in your cabin in preparation for your first cycling trip. Next day, once the ship has taken you to Breukelen, you will cycle past stately castles and manors towards Utrecht, where you can enjoy the sights of its ancient city centre and canals. In the evening, the ship will sail on to Rotterdam.
Delftware and the windmills of Kinderdijk
From Rotterdam, you will embark on a cycling trip passing through Schiedam and Delft, where you will visit the Delftware factory. The trip then continues past the many windmills of Unesco heritage site Kinderdijk, incorporating a visit to the cheese city of Gouda and a look at the work of the silversmiths in the ‘silver town’ of Schoonhoven. Be back in time, because that evening there’s a cheese tasting night on the ship!
Beach and dunes
The journey then continues through the Green Heart of Holland, as the area around Utrecht is known, towards the splendid North Sea coast. You will visit seaside resorts such as Zandvoort and Bloemendaal, and discover the beautiful dunes and their unique animals and plant life. Finally, your journey will take you to the pleasant city of Haarlem and then end back where you started, in Amsterdam. After one more night aboard the ship, farewells must be bid to the crew and fellow passengers, and you can begin enjoying the aftertaste of this unique journey.
- Start and end point: Amsterdam.
- Number of days: 8.
- Total distance: approx. 250 kilometers.
- Average distance per day: approx. 40 kilometers.
- You can rent an electric bike (E-bike) as an option.
- This trip is also suitable for recreational cyclists and families with children.
- The cycle tours include a guide - you will cycle in a small group with the travel guide - or are semi-guided - you will cycle individually but in case of technical trouble or questions, you can call the guide who is also traveling by bike.