In Delft you will experience the story of William of Orange, who lived, worked and eventually was murdered here. He was given an impressive grave monument in the Nieuwe Kerk (or ‘New Church’). This is also the place of the royal tomb, where several members of the royal family are laid to rest. With the Delft Package, you can explore these and other important places at your leisure. You will spend the night at a great hotel and enjoy a luxurious dinner in the center of the city.
- Spend the night at Hotel Casa Julia, where you will be welcomed with a drink and a bite.
- Discover the history of royal Delft at Museum Prinsenhof and the Old and New Churches.
- Conclude your day with a three-course dinner at the attractive restaurant Van der Dussen.
Delft is the city of William of Orange, the ancestor of the Dutch Royal Family who is sometimes called the Father of the Nation. In 1584, William of Orange was shot to death at the Prinsenhof, which today houses Museum Prinsenhof. You can still see the bullet holes in the stone wall. William of Orange was buried in an impressive monumental grave in the New Church. Climb the toren for the best view of the city. Celebrated Dutchmen, such as Johannes Vermeer, have been laid to rest in the Oude Kerk (’Old Church’).
Hotel Casa Julia will welcome you with a drink and appetizers. You will spend the night in a brick corner house dating from 1920, which was beautifully renovated with all its historic details. In the evening, enjoy a three-course dinner at restaurant Van der Dussen on the old Bagijnhof.
The complete Delft Package for two persons inludes:
- Hotel room at hotel Casa Julia, including welcome drinks and appetizers.
- Tickets to Museum Prinsenhof Delft, Oude Kerk and Nieuwe Kerk (incl. church tower).
- Three-course dinner at Van der Dussen, including champagne, an amuse and a roggebol.
Book the Delft Royal Package now for 209 euros (for two)