The southernmost province of the Netherlands, Limburg, has a its own distinctive character. Unlike the rest of the Netherlands, Limburg has a hilly countryside and the mostly catholic population talk in their own dialect (Limburgs). Due to its charm, it is almost impossible not to fall in love with this green and Burgundian province.
- Limburg is a tempting place with its mild and sunny climate and countless cultural cities.
- The province is renowned for its hospitality and life-loving stance.
- Beautiful boutiques in Maastricht, design stores in Roermond, and the interior design boulevard in Heerlen make for hours of shopping pleasure.
Highlights of Limburg
Most of the highlights of Limburg are located in and around Maastricht. Here you can visit mines, casemates, basilicas, museums, Mount St. Pieter and numerous shops and restaurants. Other attractions in the province are the mines and theme parks of Valkenburg, the tripoint between the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, the white village of Thorn and GaiaPark Kerkrade Zoo.
In Limburg, the most important event of the yeaer is carnival. Carnival is celebrated throughout Limburg and you’re welcome to dress up and join the celebrations. Maastricht is home to two other great events; the Preuvenemint, a four day culinary celebration, and TEFAF, the annual arts and antique fair, which is considered one of the largest and best in the world.
A culinary specialty of Limburg is vlaai a pie with a fruit filling. The province is also famous for its many brands of beer, such as Brand, Alfa and Gulpener.
Spending the night in Limburg
Are you searching for a hip design hotel, a romantic bed & breakfast, or a pleasant holiday home for your family? Limburg has suitable accommodations for every taste and budget. Check out the comprehensive selection and book your perfect holiday here!
Search for your holiday home
Check out our extensive offers.
- 2000 holiday homes throughout Holland.
- On the coast, in a natural environment or near cities