Van Gogh cycling route: Zundert (60 km)
Follow the Van Gogh cycling route around Zundert, where Vincent van Gogh was born, and experience the world that shaped him and influenced all of his work. (60 km)
- Visit the Vincent van GoghHuis and learn about the early years of his life.
- Discover contemporary artists inspired by Van Gogh.
- Cycle through the beautiful landscapes and see the scenes that Van Gogh portrayed.
Zundert is the town in which Vincent van Gogh was born in 1853. Today his first home houses the Vincent van GoghHuis, a museum filled with memories of this great painter where you can hear him dream about the art of the future and discover his roots.
The museum also organises many temporary exhibitions that allow contemporary artists inspired by Van Gogh to show their work. The Vincent van GoghHuis also functions as the start and end point of a beautiful cycling route that guides you through Van Gogh’s landscapes and the many sites he recorded in his drawings and paintings.
After leaving Zundert, you‘ll find yourself riding through beautiful natural landscapes. Pannenhoef and Lokker, for instance,areas with woods and marshlands as well as the flower-filled meadows that Van Gogh loved so much. Slightly down the track you will visit Etten-Leur, another important town in the artist’s life. It was there that he had his workshop and created his first works, portraying objects and locations that you will be able to see with your own eyes.
Grote Kerk in Breda
The cycling route also takes you to Breda, a beautiful city. We highly recommend visiting the Grote Kerk, or Great Church. Here, Vincent’s grandfather, the art lover Vincent Willem van Gogh, once stood in the pulpit. And finally, after enjoying a tour filled with art, culture and nature, the route leads back to Zundert.
Addresses you will encounter:
- Leursestraatje, corner of Stationsstraat/Anne van Bechemlaan, Etten-Leur
- Former rectory, Markt 6, Etten-Leur
- Moeierboom (linden tree dating from 1675), Markt, Etten-Leur
- Old village pump, Markt 27, Zundert
- Reformed Church, Vincent van Goghplein, Zundert
- Vincent van GoghHuis, Markt 26, Zundert
- Grote Kerk, Kerkplein 2, Breda
- Number of kilometres: 60
- Start and end point: Vincent van GoghHuis, Markt 26, Zundert
- You will follow these junctions: 3, 88, 86, 9, 89, 6, 21, 23, 24, 25, 33, 82, 83, 36, 84, 38, 39, 40, 44, 43, 70, 3
- Visit the website
- Opening hours & tickets
Do you like this theme? You might also like:
Cycle to locations that inspired Van Gogh and see his works at the Noordbrabants Museum.Read more