The Weldam country estate
Weldam Castle has been mentioned in documents dating back as far as the end of the 14th century. Through the ages, during expansions to the castle, a great deal of care has been placed on the castle gardens. Symmetrical rows of chestnut trees may be seen within the moats around the house, along with topiary figures made from boxwood and yew trees The garden also contains many shrubs, roses and rhododendrons. One of the highlights is the thuja hedge maze, with a wooden lookout tower in the middle, offering visitors beautiful views of the gardens.
The Weldam chapel
Another high point for those visiting the Weldam Castle is the St. Mary’s Chapel. This English chapel was built in 1900 by the count at that time. The chapel, gardens and castle at Weldam are open to visitors weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Admission is just € 2.50 for adults and € 0.50 for children.