The Hop-on Hop-off bus is the perfect way to explore Rotterdam. You can listen to the audio tour while relaxing on the bus, deciding which of the highlights on the route you want to explore further.
- You can get on and off the bus as often as you like during the 1 or 2 days.
- Listen to the audio guide in your own language: Dutch, English, German, French or Spanish.
- The route will take you to all of Rotterdam’s highlights, including the Markthal and Euromast.
All highlights in a single tour
The Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus shows you most of what matters in Rotterdam. The city is famous for its special architecture, beautiful museums, and of course the Euromast. Along the way, the audio tour will tell you stories about the city. Among other things, the bus crosses the Erasmus Bridge, drives past the Euromast and over the Coolsingel to the famous city hall. This is one of the few buildings that survived the bombings during WWII. Get off here to have your pick of countless restaurants and cafés.
Get the most from your stay
The harbour of Rotterdam is something you really cannot miss when visiting this city. A boat tour is a great way to see the harbor. When you get off in the harbor, you can take a boat tour with the Spido.
Would you like to see Rotterdam from above? Get off at the Euromast and take the lift to the top of this unique tower. From here, you will have a splendid view not only of the city of Rotterdam but the surrounding landscape, too. If the weather allows, you may even see The Hague and Delft.
A list of the bus stops
Would you like to know where you can get off in advance? The Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus has the following stops:
1. Rotterdam Central Station. This architectonic marvel opened its doors in 2014. Note the lettering on the facade. The citizens of Rotterdam made sure these original letters from the old station were given a prominent place in the new design.
2. Museum Park. If you want to visit the Museum Boijmans van Beuningen and Rotterdam Natural History Museum, among other things.
3. Spido. Switch from bus to boat with your combined ticket if you want to experience the harbour in a unique way.
4. Euromast. Your combination ticket grants access to the tower’s top with its marvellous view.
5. Cruiseterminal – Wilhelminapier. You really should see this industrial heritage site. It is the homebase of the Holland America Line. It is also home to the splendid Hotel New York.
6. Markthal. This is the place to be for foodies. Try the last trends in food here.
But you could also stay on the bus all the way. The tour takes about 60 minutes, in which the audio tour will tell you everything you need to know about Rotterdam.
When does the Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus ride?
The Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus runs every hours between 10:00 and 18:00. From the moment you board for the first time, your ticket will be valid for a 24-hour period. Please note: the bus does not run every day in November and December. Check the website for up-to-date information.
Spending the night in Rotterdam
Would you like to spend several days in Rotterdam? Make sure you find the best hotel. Whether you want to spend the night in the city center or rather in a more quiet neighborhood on the edge of the city, book your rooms well in advance. Rotterdam is a popular city. Check out the current selection for the current selection.