A visit to Utrecht is not complete without a boat excursion with Shipping Company Schuttevaer. Schuttevaer has been organising boat excursions in the canals of Utrecht since 1960. Come aboard and join a trip past laundry spots from the Middle Ages and interesting museums, as well as the loveliest façades. Along the way, a multilingual guide will explain the historic significance of buildings and monuments.
- Admire Utrecht’s canals and wharfs from the water.
- You can take a boat tour throughout the year.
- A guide will tell you everything you want to know about the city.
Boat excursion packages
Shipping Companies Schuttevaer and Lovers both offer canal cruises and boat excursions through Utrecht. In addition to the normal city excursions, various special tours are available. Combine your canal cruises with:
- a stop for a Dutch crepe lunch at a ‘pannenkoeken’ restaurant;
- a tour in the steam brewery of Stadskasteel Oudaen;
- a stage play in the beautiful Werftheater;
- a visit to two other museums in the heart of Utrecht.
Explore Utrecht from the water
You can take advantage of the boat excursions of Shipping Company Schuttevaer throughout the year. A boat excursion through Utrecht is the best way to admire the green canals, the characteristic wharfs and wharf cellars. You will also be pleasantly surprised by the old bridges, the charming sculpture work and streetlamps. Utrecht appears even more beautiful from the water.
Explore the canals by paddle boat
Rather explore the canals of Utrecht on your own accord? Then hire a paddle boat! Enjoy the beautiful canals of Utrecht from the water. A paddle boat adventure is also fun with children and a perfect outing for the whole family. Buy your tickets right away.