Visit a pick-your-own flower farm
What is a pick-your-own garden?
A pick-your-own flower farm is a garden filled with different kinds of flowers that you can pick to create your own bouquet. You will be handed a small pair of pruning shears and a basket or bucket and you then get to decide which flowers to pick. Entry is usually free of charge and you pay a small contribution for the flowers that you pick. Not only can you pick all kinds of flowers, but you can also take amazing photos among the various beautifully coloured blooms. So this is one place where you can walk among the flowers without having to worry about damaging them. And there’s an added bonus because many of the farms have delightful spots to rest while enjoying cup of coffee or tea.
What better spot could there be to relax and admire your surroundings!
Where can you find a pick-your-own flower farm?
In the Netherlands, there are various pick-your-own flower farms where you can go to create a beautiful bouquet, take a nice photo and just relax among the blooms. We have listed a few of them below:
- Hanneke's Pluktuin (Ellerweg 18, Biddinghuizen)
- Zomerbloemen Pluktuin (Amsteldijk Zuid 183b, Nes a/d Amstel)
- Doarpstún Snakkerbuorren (Oan ‘e Dyk 56, Snakkerburen)
- Op het Erf (Aa-brugstraat 4 A, Heeswijk-Dinther)
- Tulpenpluktuin van de Boerenshop (Steenwijkerweg 26, Marknesse)
- Kwekerij van der Velde (Borchgraverweg 3A, 8181 RW Heerde)