Package ‘the Royal Residence of the Frisian Nassaus’
In 2018, Leeuwarden profiled itself as the European Capital of Culture. There are more reasons to explore this city, however. Leeuwarden is also the cradle of the Frisian ancestors of King Willem-Alexander. Book the package ‘the Royal Residence of the Frisian Nassaus’ and spend the night at the luxury Hotel Post Plaza. From here, you will discover how the Frisian stadtholders continued the royal line.
- Follow in the royal footsteps of ‘Ús Heit’ and ‘tante Marijke’ in Leeuwarden.
- Complete with three-course dinner, hotel room in the city center, and Frisian breakfast.
- Go for a historic city walk and visit the Princessehof, the former city palace.
In the center of the historic inner city of Leeuwarden, you will find the eighteenth-century city palace of Maria Louise van Hessen-Kassel, Princess of Orange Nassau and ancestor of King Willem-Alexander. The building currently houses the Princessehof Ceramics Museum as well as the period room of Maria Louise. The Frisians called her ‘Aunt Marijke’. In the course of your walk through the city, you will learn a lot about this powerful woman who did a lot to further the cause of the Frisians and Hollalnd.
Grand Café and Hotel Post Plaza is located in the former post office in the city center. Baristas will prepare delicious coffee and drinks at the big central bar. Details within the hotel commemorate the building’s former life as a post office. Enjoy your stay and three-course dinner at the restaurant.
The complete package ‘the Royal Residence of the Frisian Nassaus’ includes:
- Three-course dinner at Grand Café Post Plaza
- Room for the night at the luxury Hotel Post Plaza
- Frisian breakfast
- Tickets to the Princessehof Ceramics Museum
- The booklet Traces of the Nassaus, published for Historisch Centrum Leeuwarden
- A city map and a city shopper
Book the royal package in Leeuwarden from 128 euros per person.