Travelling alone and still want to have fun? No problem in Holland! There are endless opportunities to meet other people and strike up a conversation or simply explore the country on your own.
- Holland – the ideal destination for singles’ vacations.
- Bars, concerts, parties - the nightlife in Holland is very diverse.
- Tips from our bloggers: What can a single person do in Holland?
Some purposely travel alone so that they can take their time seeing a city at their own pace or relax outdoors. Others want to meet new people or perhaps find true love. Whatever your reason for being a single traveler, we have some tips for you.
Tips for a singles’ vacation to Holland
- Traveling alone to enjoy the peace and quiet? How about relaxing in a spa for a couple of days? Holland boasts beautiful spas offering both classic and innovative spa treatments on the coast, in the countryside and in many towns and cities. Ideal for singles seeking peace and quiet.
- Those traveling alone have plenty of time to muse on the works of the great masters. Read up on the best museums in the Netherlands and trace the footsteps of Rembrandt and Van Gogh.
- Or do you prefer sports? As a single traveler, you can find active recreation on a golf course, criss-cross the Netherlands by bicycle or - if you’re in Amsterdam - go for a jog through the Vondelpark.
And what does a solo traveler do at night?
There is lots to experience if you are traveling alone in Holland. Here is a small selection of the activities that you can do at night while on a singles’ vacation in Holland:
- Have a dance in a club: Whether in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or The Hague - you’ll find the best clubs in Holland.
- Meet new people while bar-hopping in Amsterdam: You’ll quickly strike up a conversation in Amsterdam’s famously infamous bars.
- Go to a concert in Ziggo Dome: Among the audience of 17,000 that the concerts in Ziggo Dome attract, no single traveler feels alone.
Drop by one of the many events in Holland. Lots are held throughout the year, from January to December. And there is a wide range of exciting events for solo travelers and singles.
We asked our Holland bloggers what tips they have for single travelers.
- “Be cool and hang out in the hotel bar” - that’s how our blogger Marloes Tervoort likes to spend her time. She has put together a list of the nicest hotel bars in Holland where singles will also feel comfortable.
- Former international hockey player Denise Mosbach prefers to take it easy and recommends that solo travelers visit a spa. She introduces her three favorite spas in her article “Machen Sie es wie die Römer!” [“Do it like the Romans!”].
- Amsterdam’s own Marloes Tervoort also recommends the Westergasfabriek. Good restaurants, large events and live shows - the former gasworks is a great location for singles’ vacations in Amsterdam.
Hotels for singles
Most singles prefer to book a hotel in the center of a city such as Amsterdam so that they can still easily go out at night. Often it is also important for singles to grab a bargain holiday and be able to travel cheaply within the country. The trendy hostels in Holland, where you’re guaranteed to meet lots of nice people from all over the world, are also very popular.
Search for your holiday home
Check out our extensive offers.
- 2000 holiday homes throughout Holland.
- On the coast, in a natural environment or near cities