Read more about the history of Holland here: the love-hate relationship between its people and its waters, its monarchy, its Royal Family and more facts, figures and did-you-knows about Holland.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I learn more about the Second World War?
On the Liberation Route, you can learn more about the Second World War in numerous places.Read more
- Are 'Holland' and 'the Netherlands' the same?
Holland is part of the Netherlands and is also used as a synonym for the Netherlands. Read more about Holland vs Netherlands here.Read more
- Does Holland have a president?
The Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy, which means that the Netherlands has a prime minister. The Head of State is King Willem-Alexander.Read more
- Is the traditional costume of Volendam still worn throughout Holland?
Some municipalities still showcase costumes, although this is more for the purpose of folklore rather than a daily tradition. You can be photographed in local costume in Volendam.Read more
- Do you also have brochures?
No, we do not have brochures. On our site you can find all relevant information and inspiration for a visit to the Netherlands.Read more
- What is the drug policy in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands has a tolerant drug policy. All drugs are banned, but smoking cannabis is tolerated under strict conditions.Read more
- Which colleges/universities are regarded as the best?
According to Time Higher Education World University Rankings in 2017, these Dutch colleges/universities are on the list:
1. Delft University of Technology
2. University of Amsterdam
3. Wageningen University
4. Erasmus University Rotterdam
5. Leiden University
6. University of Groningen
7. Utrecht University
8. Maastricht University
9. Radboud University Nijmegen
10. University of Twente